IUBio

How do I get REFS software to manage Medline downloads????

Ian Musgrave Ian.Musgrave at med.monash.edu.au
Thu Feb 29 02:01:31 EST 1996

G'Day All
John.Harrison at mailbox.uq.oz.au (John Harrison) writes:
>From: John.Harrison at mailbox.uq.oz.au (John Harrison)
>Subject: How do I get REFS software to manage Medline downloads????
>Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 07:03:05 GMT

>Can anyone tell me how to download from medline searches so that the
>REFS software can then import these into my database intact???

First you MUST download your searches as TAGGED format .

However, the DIALOG and SILVER PLATTER CD-ROM  tagged download formats are
different to the online MEDLINE format, and refs will not import them :-(. BUT
I have written a small program that will convert DIALOG MEDLINE CD-ROM format
to a format recognisable by refs. If you would like it it will mail it to you.

Cheers! Ian