IUBio

GPIB-IEEE-HPIB Command Library

Jan Van Bocxlaer Jan.VanBocxlaer at rug.ac.be
Wed Feb 21 05:08:45 EST 1996

Hi

We have a HPIB card from HP which is their version of the GPIB interface
standard.  This is a rather old card which has a command library for BASIC, C
and PASCAL, all in DOS version.  I would like to do some programming for this
card (interface an analytical instrument) but I would like to use visual basic
for this project.  So... no library any more.  The HP representative over here
says they do not longer support this kind of software, so....no updated
library.
Does anybody know of such a library, or does anybody know how to adress the
DLL (declares, variables,...) which comes with the software HP sold us to
control our GC ?

I have tried the software of NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS (a version of their
implementation of GPIB controls one of our HPLC-DAD systems) but their card
only accepts base adresses from 0000h to 0300h and my older (8-bit) HP card
has adress DC00h. This didn't work either, the soft didn't recognise the card,
it found no card in my PC !

Please help me, you computer wizzards...

Jan

Email: Jan.VanBocxlaer at rug.ac.be