IUBio

Software for keeping track on lab strain collections?

Beth Ladd 73164.3002 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Feb 12 11:25:08 EST 1996

>We are at the moment considering to build a multiuser computer
>based strain registration system, since our old fasioned "strain
>log book" no longer works due to the number of strains we have,
>and the number of persons using it.

>We are interested in a flexible, multiuser system, with extended
>copying facilities, automatic lognumber designation, automatic
>location designation, etc.
>If you know of such systems I will be happy to know.
>Finn Vogensen at fkv at biobase.dk

Finn:

Our company offers two software products that may have what
you're looking for:  FreezerWorks for the PC and Mittens for the
Mac.  Both are multi-user systems: the FreezerWorks Network
version sells for $795, the Mittens program sells for $595, but
you must own network 4-D to run it for multiple users (network
4-D sells for about $1200).  See our web site at
http://www.dwdev.com for more details.

Beth Ladd, Scientific Liaison,
Dataworks Development, Inc.
73164.3002 at compuserve.com  http://www.dwdev.com