IUBio

Looking for scanner and digitizer

Xianmin Kwauk xkwauk at ccnet.com
Thu Feb 8 13:16:17 EST 1996

Hi!

I hope this is the right group. I am posting this for a collegue.
He is looking for a scanner or digitizer which can convert hardcopy of
technical plot (X-Y) to data with the same scale as shown on the plot.
It will be best if the system can also conver text. I am
thinking to buy a scanner with OCR package for text and a
digitizer for plot. Is there a product which can do both? What kind of
hardware and software (scaner/digitizer/software) do you recommend?

Many thanks for your help.

Xianmin Kwauk
Reservoir Engineering Research Institute
xkwauk at ccnet.com