The following freely-distributed software is now available...
PGAPack is a general-purpose, data-structure-neutral, parallel genetic
algorithm library. It is intended to provide most capabilities desired in a
genetic algorithm library, in an integrated, seamless, and portable manner.
Key features include:
* Callable from Fortran or C.
* Runs on uniprocessors, parallel computers, and workstation networks.
* Binary-, integer-, real-, and character-valued native data types.
* Full extensibility to support custom operators and new data types.
* Easy-to-use interface for novice and application users.
* Multiple levels of access for expert users.
* Parameterized population replacement.
* Multiple crossover, mutation, and selection operators
* Easy integration of hill-climbing heuristics.
* Extensive debugging facilities.
* Large set of example problems.
* Detailed users guide
PGAPack is available:
-- via anonymous ftp from ftp.mcs.anl.gov in file pub/pgapack/pgapack.tar.Z
-- via the web at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/pgapack.html
David Levine levine at mcs.anl.govhttp://www.mcs.anl.gov/home/levine
MCS 221 C-216 Argonne National Laboratory Argonne, Illinois 60439
(708)-252-6735 Fax: (708)-252-5986