IUBio

DNA Alignment Software

Dave Turner dturner at fred.fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 8 14:53:35 EST 1996

 In article <yasuhito-2901961658480001 at surg2_111.m.ehime-u.ac.jp>,
 yasuhito at m.ehime-u.ac.jp (Yasuhito Abe) wrote:

 >Dear Netters,
 >I would like to get information on the alignment software for DNA
 >using MacOS.  Would someone please tell me the best ones?
 >Of course, I prefer free ones.

Another NOT FREE program is DNASTAR  About 1 1/2 years ago I reveiwaed all
the commercial packages and DNASTAR  had the best multiple sequence
alignment (by far).  It has great options for displaying the alignments
and highlighting what you want.  Unfortunately it is not cheep.