IUBio

boxshade or similar

Unknown Unknown
Mon Feb 5 09:03:37 EST 1996

In article <4etkns$n7g at news.ycc.yale.edu>, Danny Chamovitz <chamo> says:

>Does anyone know of a BOXSHADE type of program for Mac or UNIX?
BOXSHADE is a
>freeware that foramts alignments with black and grey boxes showing
sequence
>conservation.

The BOXSHADE distribution contains the full source code, including OSF1
makefile. You will need to have your own PASCAL compiler. If it does not
compile on your particular flavour of UNIX, please tell me what the
offending code is, and I'll try and work something out. You can get the
distribution from the EMBL software archive in the VMS directory.

I'm (_very slowly_) working on a MAC version, but it's just a hobby. The
latest version of BOXSHADE, which I'll put in the EMBL archive when I get
the time, writes PICT files.

regards,

Michael D. Baron
michael.baron at bbsrc.ac.uk