IUBio

[Q]:?how to run MAC SW on PC (Windows95)

ard jonker a337ard at horus.sara.nl
Fri Feb 2 08:04:31 EST 1996

In article <31114385.41C6 at rhapsody.stanford.edu>, Lionel Gilet
<gilet at rhapsody.stanford.edu> wrote:

> In article <4eprqm$kes at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Ivo Wiesner  <nfix at jcu.cz> wrote:
> >Could anybody inform me:
> >1. if there is any emulator for PC (Windows) platform
> >which enables running MAC software?
> >2.how difficult work represents to rewrite Mac software for Windows PC?
> I have no idea concerning the first point.
You can run Executor, demo ftp-able from ARDI. Basically, it resembles the
speed of a Mac II under system 6 when used on a 66MHz 486. So you turn
your PC into a '86 Mac. Don't ask me on how to set it up, I have no PC
experience other than have tested Executor once ;-) It might do some jobs.
Have a look from the other side (ie. the other way around, softwindows on
a PPC runs a bit faster yet giving access to both platforms
simultaneously)

> As far as rewriting a Mac software for Windows PC, it really depends
> on the language used, the size of the program and what it does.

If I understand its docs correctly, the MetroWerks Code Warrior compiler
is cross platform; you can develop both Windoze and Macintosh programs on
a mac with the same compiler, which compiles Pascal, C and C++.

ard