IUBio

TWAIN driver for Pharmacia imagemaster DTS scanner?

Dean.Sequera at ussfo.pharmacia.se Dean.Sequera at ussfo.pharmacia.se
Fri Dec 20 14:21:05 EST 1996

In article <32B70F5B.2FB9 at sfu.ca>,
  Sheldon Mckay <mckaya at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of a twain driver for a
> Pharmacia imagemaster DTS scanner?  We want to use
> the scanner for things other than 1 or 2D gels.  My
> conversation with a rep. from that company was the
> source of some confusion (their part) and much
> frustration (my part) but NO useful information.
>
> Can you help?

Yes, very definitely there are drivers available for the Pharmacia DTS scanner. This is actually a Howtek model ScanMaster 3. It uses a National Instruments GP-IB IEEE-488 interface. So you need the drivers for that. Howtek has the TWAIN drivers available. I have both which I can give to you by permission of both National Instruments and Howtek. I have written an installation routine for Windows 95 to be able to use the Pharmacia DTS scanner with Windows 95. You are welcome to that. We have just introduced new Windows 95 1-D and 2-D electrophoresis evaluation software. We are providing updates to all our customers around the world who want to update their systems while keeping their old hardware. So please get in touch. I see you are physically close. I'm in the Pharmacia Biotech San Francisco office. I am the product manager for image analysis. I look forward to talking with you.