IUBio

software for counting colonies

Richard S Sucgang rsucgang at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Dec 16 02:25:48 EST 1996

NIH Image should have no problem with this.
Just convert to grayscale, and then use threshold to convert
to a 1bit image, and use the count particles command.

Karthi Ramachandran (karthi at deakin.edu.au) wrote:
: Hi everyone,

: We are doing some genetics experiments that requirs counting colonies on 100s
: of plates each time. We have the facility for capturing images of these plates

: and storing them digitally. I am wondering if there are any software
: commercial/ shareware/ freeware that will count the colonies from these
: images?

: Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

: Thanx very much

: Karthi. R

: Karthikeyan Ramachandran Ph.D
: Research Fellow, Rm. No. SA136
: School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
: Faculty of Science and Technology		Phone (Off) (052) 271 406
: Deakin University			Phone (Res) (052) 419 806
: Geelong, Victoria			Fax (052) 272 022
: Australia 3217				e-mail karthi at deakin.edu.au
: Home page				http://www.deakin.edu.au/~karthi/