IUBio

[JaMBW 1.1] DOWNLOAD

Luca I.G. TOLDO luca.toldo at embl-heidelberg.de
Sat Dec 14 16:20:27 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to bring your attention to JaMBW 1.1, which now is
available for download to your local computer.

JaMBW consists of a collection of 18 Java applets and applications
thoroughly tested and developed by several different Authors which
provide basic bioinformatic tools to any Java-aware computer.

JaMBW is not "Just another Molecular Biology Worm" but instead
a Java-based Molecular Biology Workbench ...

It is fully compliant to JDK1.02 and had been thorougly used
in the last 6 months by many people.

The novelty here is that it is now available to be downloaded and
in this way the applets can be made more accessible to your local
intranet, 2) can be stored on any local computer without need of
network connection.

JaMBW1.2 is now in preparation, with the following aims:
1) include new applets /functionalities
2) upgrade the applets to the JDK1.1 which allow printing and local
   file access by the signing mechanism
3) menu-like access to the whole package

To use remotely the release 1.1 of JaMBW point your browser to:

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/JaMBW/

To download the package instead:

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/cgi/download-JaMBW

I would like also to make you aware that contributions are always
extremely welcome and feedback on new directions / improvements is
indispensable for the life of this project.

It is your chance of modeling the workbench of today and tomorrow.

regards

Dr. Luca Ida Giovanni TOLDO (Ph.D.)
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Computer Group