IUBio

UNIX tar format to ASCII

Harry Mangalam mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Dec 5 13:41:31 EST 1996

> Could somebody please point me to where I could download a PC/Windows95
> compatible program to read a UNIX
> .tar compressed file and convert it to simple ASCII.

Winzip (shareware) will do it, Stuffit Expander for Windows will do most
everything (but not detar, nor uncompress, strangely, tho the Mac version
will), and tho it won't do nuthin but zip, the new pkzip for Windows is
very nice (no, I didn't say anything nice about Windows per se)

Use www.shareware.com to get the closest copies

hjm
--
Harry J Mangalam, MolBio+Biochem / Dev+Cell Bio, Rm 4201, BioSciII  UC Irvine, Irvine, CA, 92717, (714) 824-4824, fax (714) 824 8598