IUBio

Human Genome Database

Michael W. Thompson mthom0 at pop.uky.edu
Tue Dec 3 14:36:37 EST 1996

Gerard Pujadas wrote:

>         Dear netters, I'm sorry if I've posted the mail in an unapropiate
> list. I would like to know if the human genome sequences are available as
> part of the GenBank or there is an specialized DataBank for them. In that
> case, where may I ftp the document which contains the human genome.

	You can access human genomic sequences via NCBI at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/

	Just enter your search sequence and choose "gss" as the database to
search.  Alternatively, if you want to search for a specific gene or
chromosomal location, hit the NCBI logo at the top to go to their home
page, and there will be other search options for genbank.

	Hope this is of some help to you.

Michael W. Thompson
University of Kentucky
Department of Biochemistry