IUBio

printing a .ps file on a macintosh

Jeff Dyason jeff.dyason at vcp.monash.edu.au
Sun Aug 11 18:02:19 EST 1996

D. KIM wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I would like to print a .ps file (raw postscript, NOT EPS) from a
> Macintosh.  This is accomplished on an IBM PC compatible using the DOS
> copy/b command, but on a Mac, there seems to be no easy way to do it.
>
> Users of Tektronix Phaser II printers are given a nice postscript driver
> called SendFile PS.  I don't know how to get a copy for myself however.

There is a program called DropPS, which should be available on the info-mac
archives and it will send off a postscript file to a postscript printer using a
Appletalk connection. I believe that on the disks that ship with Apple laser
printers there is also a program called Apple Printer Utility which will also do
what you want.

Bye Jeff.

--
Jeff Dyason                             Department of Medicinal Chemistry,
Victorian College of Pharmacy,          Ph:     61 3 9903-9110
Melbourne Victoria Australia            e-mail: jeff.dyason at vcp.monash.edu.au