IUBio

Program for testing incongruences

Thomas K. Dibenedetto tdib at umich.edu
Thu Apr 25 18:10:43 EST 1996

Tosak Seelanan (tosak at iastate.edu) wrote:
: I have data sets from the same set of taxa, and these data sets gave
: different phylogeneies.  I would like to get a phylogeny based on
: combined data set, but I have to prove whether incongruence between data
: sets is not significant.

Sorry I cant help with Farris' email address, but I was just wondering
what "significance" could possibly mean in this context... I mean, either
the two phylogenies are the same or they are not. Why would you need to
prove anything in order to combine the two data-sets?

--
Tom diBenedetto
Fish Division