IUBio

No-brainer

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Sun Apr 7 02:58:40 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960404210723.28203B-100000 at howard>,
patrick at corona.med.utah.edu says...

>I am interested OS/2 software for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis (not
>necessarily the same program).
[snip]
>I just know these programs don't exist for OS/2 but I wish to ask anyway...
>Windows 3.1 or DOS-based programs do run under OS/2 but I'd prefer native
>software.
>poneil at genetics.utah.edu

Since gcc has been ported to OS/2 I suggest you grab a copy
and then follow the "Linux molecular biology software" threads
and grab the source code for anything that sounds interesting.
After compilation the programs may not make full use of the
GUI/WIMP environment but they should be "native".  I don't think
I've seen any OS/2 native binaries for molbio software on any of
the usual sites so please post/e-mail if you find any.
	Good luck,
		Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.