IUBio

Image-one - problems with software settings of 340nm, 380 ok

Lars Thomsen lthomsen at interlynx.net
Tue Apr 2 11:29:00 EST 1996

I want to use the dual-wavelength method to measure Ca2+ with Fura2 in
my cells. The cells are loading nicely - the filter settings look
allright. I tried to add a lot of Fura2 and then some CaCl2 and I got
bright fluorescence at both wavelengths (seen through the eyepieces).

However I can't see any signal via the software on wavelenght 1
(=340nm).

Wavelenght 2 (=380nm) is clearly visuable in the analog settings -
any suggestions !!