NEW RELEASE OF STAMP (Structural Alignment of Multiple Proteins)
STAMP is a package comprising 15 programs for alignment and analysis
of protein three-dimensional structures.
The major features are:
1) Fast alignment and superimposition of two or more protein
2) Generation and display superimposed protein 3D structures
and sequence alignments
3) Comparison of a protein 3D structure to a database of
other 3D structures
4) Direct interface to MOLSCRIPT and ALSCRIPT drawing
5) A clear method for assigning which regions within a
family of proteins are structurally equivalent, without
the need for graphical intervention.
STAMP is available free of charge to non-profit organisations, and
to others for a fee. A license must be completed by all prospective
users. Users of previous versions of STAMP can obtain the new
version with the same license.
The new version (4.0) has corrected several bugs, ontains a much
improved manual and includes several new programs, including those
for the generation of MOLSCRIPT input, and for the generation of
For further details as to the program and licenses, see:
or contact Geoff Barton via mailto:gjb at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Robert B. Russell Biomolecular Modelling, Imperial Cancer Research Fund
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields, P.O. Box 123, London, WC2A 3PX, U.K.
Tel: 44 171 269 3583 FAX: 44 171 269 3479 mailto:russell at icrf.icnet.uk