IUBio

<Q> NCBI Entrez for MS Windows

P A Keller bsspak at bath.ac.uk
Tue May 2 04:34:09 EST 1995

In the referenced article, ruppert at rrz.uni-hamburg.de (Jvrg Ruppert) writes:
>Dear netters,
>
>for a couple of days now have I tried to get the NCBI Entrez network
>distribution for MS windows. It is located at their ftp server:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. This location is either terribly slow or permanently
> [snip]

You seem to have a network browser available - why not try using Entrez over
the Web, and forget about the software? The URL is:

   http://atlas.nlm.nih.gov:5700/Entrez/index.html

Hope that this helps,
Peter.

Peter Keller.            \
Dept. of Biology and      \ "It is a pity that people are being killed
    Biochemistry,          \  by my guns"
University of Bath,         \
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK.           \          --- Mikhail Kalashnikov
Tel. (+44/0)1225 826826 x 4302 | Email: P.A.Keller at bath.ac.uk (Internet)
Fax. (+44/0)1225 826449        |   P.A.Keller%bath.ac.uk at UKACRL (BITNET)