IUBio

Need Test criteria (+enhancements) for PCR primer software

Folker Meyer folker at PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE
Thu Jul 27 04:09:57 EST 1995

Test criteria wanted for PCR primer software

We are currently implementing a software that searches and tests PCR-Primers
from a multiple sequence alignment.

As yet the software works just fine (we did extensive lab tests), but we are i
still looking for new criteria plus functionality to implement.

The software is UNIX/X11 based and features a graphical user interface,
later extensions are one of the things we had in mind when we designed the
software in the first place.

The currently featured criteria for primer selection include:
	Melting Temp,
	GC-content,
	Length,
	3`clamp gc-content,
	hairpin loops,
	primer-primer-dimers,
	primer degeneracy,
	amplified region length
	uniqness (does the primer prime anywhere else)
	Patterns (the software searches both Primer and amplif.
	region for any pattern you select e.g.: restriction sites)

For further information please refer to:
http://www.biologie.uni-bielefeld.de/genetic/Genefisher/genefisher.html

We are trying to enhance the software adding new criteria, any suggestions
are welcome.

If you are interested in beta testing the software at a later date please
mail us.

regards,
Folker Meyer, Chris Schleiermacher

Please use the following email address: GeneFisher at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Folker Meyer
Folker at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Technical Faculty / Faculty of Biology (Dept. of Genetics)
University of Bielefeld
33615 Bielefeld
Germany