IUBio

NATIVE SCANNING SOFTWARE?

Karl Johnson kjohnson at haverford.edu
Thu Jul 27 15:10:45 EST 1995

I am spending a lot of time scanning photographic images.  I have an Apple
ColorOne scanner linked to a PowerPC 8100.  However, Ofoto 2.0.2 (the
latest version as far as I can tell) runs slowly for me - no better than
on my old Centris 610, if that.  Is there a native version, or an
alternative out there that would be faster.

I have tried an Ofoto plug-in for the PowerPC version of Photoshop, but
that didn't give me the flexibility I need (scanning different sizes,
different resolutions) and it just slowed things down more.

Please help me if you can!

Thanks
--
Karl Johnson
Department of Cellular, Molecular and Developmental Biology
kjohnson at haverford.edu