IUBio

Synonymous DNA Sites Exporting

Doug Eernisse DEernisse at fullerton.edu
Thu Jul 27 13:18:06 EST 1995

I forgot to mention in my previous post that if you are seeking to
export only the sites where 2- or 4-fold degeneracy is _observed_
then it is a bit more tedious. What I would do is parse PAUP's
character summary output to something that can be read with Excel
(not too hard), then do some creative sorting and further text
parsing to yield a new character list, e.g.:

3,5-7,237,239,332-336,...

or whatever and use the "zap" method mentioned in the last post.
Yes it is tedious but I haven't found other ways yet in available
programs.

Sorry if this is getting a bit convoluted.

--
Doug Eernisse <DEernisse at fullerton.edu>
Dept. Biological Science MH282