IUBio

Colorful Alignment Software

Andrew Martin martin at bsm.bioc.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 05:01:48 EST 1995

A. John Watson (watson_j at bms.com) wrote:
: In article <1995Jul11.174145.13409 at news.gdb.org>, jamie at gdb.org wrote:

: > I am looking for software (public domain or commercial) which will align
: DNA and
: > Protein Sequences and show the areas of alignment in color.
: Additionally, it is
: > desired to have regions of functional significance (e.g., leucine
: zippers, areas of
: > high hydrophobicity, etc.) highlighted in color as well.
: >
: > Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
: >
: > Many thanks.
: >
: > AJ Cuticchia
: > jamie at gdb.org

: I recently looked at the MegAlign program (part of the DNA* suite of
: programs) and was pretty impressed with it.  In fact, it was the best part
: of the package, IMHO.

: John

For protein sequences, you could try Cameleon from Oxford Molecular.
See their WWW page at http://www.oxmol.co.uk which shows some demo
screens from Cameleon.

Andrew

: --
: A. John Watson, Ph.D.                           | My opinions, of
: Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research    | course, are my own.
: Central Nervous System Biology, Department 404  | Nobody else seems
: Wallingford, CT 06492                           | to want them.
: watson_j at bms.com                                |

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin,         University College London & SciTech Software
EMAIL: martin at biochem.ucl.ac.uk                Tel:(Work) +44(0)171 419 3284