IUBio

Bibliographic software

Pedro Mendes prm at aber.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 07:15:49 EST 1995

In article <3tquik$9sr at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk>, tjrc1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk says...
>Andreas.Brune at uni-konstanz.de (Andreas Brune) writes:
>>I'm using Refs since it's 'early days', and a lot of functionality has
>>been added since then, always without additional charge to registered
>>users. Again, a new version is in the make, and it is supposed to be
>>completely rewritten to run also under OS/2 and Windows95/NT (visit
>>Tim's home page at "http://cyclin.zoo.cam.ac.uk/refs/refs.html"for
>>details).
>
>This is not quite true.  I am currently preparing Refs such that ports
>to Windows 95 and/or NT and/or OS/2 will be much easier to do.  That
>isn't to say that I've started on the ports!!!  There will be at least
>one more purely Win16 version before I start on any 32 bit version.

What Tim forgot to say is that the current 16 bit version of Refs runs
perfectly well under Windows NT versions 3.1 and 3.5. This is how I have
always ran Refs since its early days. I must also add that I find this
program very good (the best for my own purposes).
--
Pedro Mendes                                     Instit. Biological Sciences
prm at aber.ac.uk (home: pedro at enzyme.demon.co.uk)  Univ. Wales, Aberystwyth,