IUBio

Bibliographic software

Stephen Fletcher sfletche at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU
Sat Jul 8 02:51:13 EST 1995

There are a number of comercial packages
available. I recently asked the same question.
Refman is not supposed to be excellent but has a
windows version (which would be nice). I checked
out Tim Cutts Refs, and found the windows too
small to read anything in, I like to be able to
see a decent amount to read on the screen, and
Refs windows are not sizeable. I heard that
Procite is supposed to be very good, and also
heard that Endnote was good from a number of
people, however a windows version is not out
yet, but is being written at the moment. I
bouught the dos Endnote. I think the search
function could be a little better, but is fairly
good if you think about how to use it. It does
allow quite a bit on the screen at once which I
like, and the dos windows are sizeable, sort of
a Windows program in ascii format. However I am
hanging on for the windows version which I
believe can be upgraded to fairly cheaply.
mclachla at tui.lincoln.ac.nz (Andrew McLachlan)
wrote:

>In article <3t8jo3$92e at ecnits.ecn.nl>
>veltman at ecn.nl (veltman) writes:
>>In article <3t11ec$ka3 at ecnits.ecn.nl>, veltman at ecn.nl (veltman) says:
>>>

>>>Bibliographic software is what I am looking for to store
>>>references to journal articles etc.
>>>Anybody knows a pointer?
>>>I'd be very glad to receive some suggestions.
>>>
>>>Arie Veltman

>>Two pointers came back on my request for bibliographic software:

>>----
>>Try Refs by Tim Cutts.
>>Easy-to-use, Unix-Refer-Style files (ascii).
>>Great shareware.

>>ftp://cyclin.zoo.cam.ac.uk/pub/refs/refs772.zip
>>----
>>&
>>----
>>I use Reference Manager for Windows, and like it very much.  It has
>>many export filters to automatically format your levenswerk for the
>>journal of your choice, without destroying your original masterpiece.
>>Contact Research information systems at risinfo at ris.risinc.com
>>----

>>If anyone has more, please let us know.

>Also try Papyrus 7.0.  I use it to paste references into my
>document, then have Papyrus scan the document and generate a
>reference list according to the journal style that you want.
>I particularly like the data entry of Papyrus.

>Email Dave Goldman at  rsd at teleport.com for more details.

>Papyrus (still) costs US$99 for the full package (no additional
>modules needed).

>Cheers

>Andrew McLachlan   mclachla at tui.lincoln.ac.nz

          Catch Ya!
          Stephen Fletcher.....................

sfletche at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU

	Lord I've been waiting here so long
	I can feel it coming down on me
	I'm just a slow emotion replay of somebody I used to be
		The The

All these words I've heard before
They churn in my head
And turn out a thought