IUBio

Bibliographic software

Tim Cutts Zoology tjrc1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 02:21:36 EST 1995

veltman at ecn.nl (veltman) writes:

>In article <3t11ec$ka3 at ecnits.ecn.nl>, veltman at ecn.nl (veltman) says:
>>

>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>Bibliographic software is what I am looking for to store
>>references to journal articles etc.
>>Anybody knows a pointer?
>>I'd be very glad to receive some suggestions.
>>
>>Arie Veltman

>Two pointers came back on my request for bibliographic software:

>----
>Try Refs by Tim Cutts.
>Easy-to-use, Unix-Refer-Style files (ascii).
>Great shareware.

>ftp://cyclin.zoo.cam.ac.uk/pub/refs/refs772.zip

If anyone is trying to download Refs (I am the author) my apologies
for the erratic availability of the server.  cyclin is the machine
Refs is developed on, and I can't develop and run an ftp server
simultaneously (the ftp server runs under Linux, and I develop under
OS/2).  I am doing a *lot* of Refs work at the moment, preparing it
for a port to Windows 95 and/or OS/2 as soon as is practically
feasible.

Regards,

Tim.