IUBio

Wanted : MOSAIC

Keith Robison robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 20 10:21:44 EST 1994

jylee at chiak.kaist.ac.kr (Lee) writes:

>Hi..there...

>I would much appreciate receiving any information regardning how i
>can install MOSAIC with my PC.

>Any advice would be welcomed...

>Please e-mail me at following address..
>	jylee at chiak.kaist.ac.kr

>P.S. I don't know anything about the MOSAIC..except that using this progrma
>will take me to the environment like X-Win with my PC

Mosaic should not be confused with an X-windows emulator; that is
not its purpose.  Mosaic is a tool for accessing information on
the Internet using a point-and-click interface.  You must have
a direct Internet connection to your PC, and the requisite TCP/IP
software.

Mosaic is available by FTP from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu.  When you try to
connect, you will probably not get in but instead get a list of
alternative sites.  Pick the one closest to you geographically
and download the software & installation instructions.

Good luck.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI