Author, MEGA: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis
Currently Shipping version: Version 1.02
Following is a list of BUGS reported and fixed in MEGA version 1.0,
1.01, and 1.02. If you have a version prior to 1.02, and you are
affected by one of the following bugs, please send us your master
MEGA diskette. We will send you the updated version of MEGA.
Otherwise, please wait until summer, 1994. We plan to send MEGA
version 1.1 to all existing users. It will include many enhancements.
Description of the Bug
Bugs fixed in version 1.02
1. UPGMA tree reconstruction bug fixed.
Bugs fixed in version 1.01
1. Check for standard error equal to 0 in standard error test.
2. Correction in the placement of "codon position" label in std. error test.
3. Correction in the spelling of statistics in statistics box.
4. If gaps were included in the data, MEGA produced incorrect estimate
of number of steps for Maximum Parsimony. This error is corrected.
5. Display of % search completed in Maximum Parsimony is corrected.
6. PAUP format is relabelled as NEXUS format in Data Export window.
Bug report for version 1.0:
Text file editor:
The hot-keys for Cut (Shift+Del), Copy (Ctrl+Ins),
Paste (Shift+Ins), and Clear (Ctrl+Del) commands
available in the File|Edit menu do not seem to work
sometimes. An alternate set of conventional Ctrl+K
binding hot-keys is always available for these commands.
File|Edit|Paste Ctrl+K, C
File|Edit|Copy Ctrl+K, K
File|Edit|Cut Ctrl+K, Y
The translate command in Data|Data Presentation window
crashes the computer system sometimes.
RAM memory exhausted:
In addition to the description in the manaul, this bug
can also appear even if there is enough memory for an
operation. In this case, MEGA is experiencing a conflict
with some memory resident program. Please try to remove
these memory resident programs and check if MEGA runs.
New tree-printing functions:
Support for PostScript vector format outputs to printers
and text files.
PCX graphics output for editing in other graphics editors.
Support for more printers.
Choice line width for drawing.
Choice of page margins.
Choice of more fonts.
Include support for the extended and expanded memories.