IUBio

Blast (tried the client programs yet?)

Jie Yuan, Pharmacology, U. Cincinnati yuanj at ucbeh.san.uc.edu
Wed Dec 21 09:55:35 EST 1994

In article <3d70rp$dhj at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, lisa at ipvgbe.igbe.pv.cnr.it (Antonella Lisa - IGBE CNR - Pavia) writes:
> I am looking for a software that can convert a sequence text file in a
> format ready to be sent to blast by e-mail. Is there anything that can do
> that?

What text file?  If it is single letter sequence, you can use the BLAST
client (HyperBlast?) to open the file and send to the server (at NIH) via
internet.  Have you tried the client applications yet?  I have tried the Mac
and Unix clients.  They are reasonably good.

The BLAST home page at NIH, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Recipon/index.html,
can lead to the client programs for Mac/DOS/Unix.

Cheers!

Jie
-- Jie Yuan -- Pharmacology & Cell Biophysics -- U.  Cincinnati   --
== Phone: 513-558-2352 == Fax: x-1169 ==  Email: jie.yuan at uc.edu  ==
== Mail: ML 0575, 231 Bethesda Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45267-0575    ==