IUBio

help: statistical power analysis software

J. A. Kiernan jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca
Mon Dec 12 10:44:58 EST 1994

 ISatinov at ix.netcom.com (Ira Satinover) wrote:
>Subject: help: statistical power analysis software
>Date: 11 Dec 1994 00:02:29 GMT
>Does anyone know of a public domain, shareware, or *cheap*
>program for performing statistical power analysis, through
>methods including ANOVA.  Any suggestions would be
>appreciated.

  I recommend NCSS (Number Cruncher Statistical System),
  by  Jerry L. Hintze,
      329 North 1000 East,
      Kaysville, Utah 84037
      U.S.A.
      Phone (801) 546-0455; FAX 546-3907

  My copy of Version 5.03 cost around $50 about 3 years ago.
  It comes with a good manual, and it's modular - you can get
  other bits of the programme by paying a little extra.  It does
  lots of tests (including various types of ANOVA), and produces
  various kinds of graphs, histograms etc.  You can export the
  results to files usable by other graphics programmes, for
  more elegant graphing of the results.
                                        John A. Kiernan
                                        Department of Anatomy
                                        Univ. of Western Ontario