IUBio

Mac or PC: the results of the poll

Tim Cutts tjrc1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 1 04:58:37 EST 1994

krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

>Patrice DEHAIS (dehais at next9.lirmm.fr) wrote:
>> + PowerMac running AUX are as powerful as little UNIX workstations for
>> the same price (and we can run Mac software under UNIX session).

>Is AUX for PowerMacs already available? (And what about the general quality
>of AUX compared to other UNIX dialects?)

I seem to remember reading that Apple were not going to port AUX to
the PowerMac.  I believe they were leaving the Unix side to IBM's AIX,
which is apparently a far more capable (and definitely more widely
supported) operating system.  I stress that I haven't ever had the
opportunity to use either...

Tim.