IUBio

Promoters and DNA consensus-software

Karen Perot Shaff perot at chiremv.chiron.com
Mon Aug 29 04:38:48 EST 1994

In article <33rad8$288 at news.mic.ucla.edu>, Ron Kagan
<rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for a (preferably) Mac program that will analyze the 5'
> region of a C. elegans gene that I'm sequencing, and identify promoter
> candidates and other consensus sequences.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Ron Kagan
> "My Kindness is not random, and nothing senseless was ever beautiful."
>
>                                                  - J. Zabriskie
> Ron Kagan
> rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu
Hi,

I recently tried out the IntelliGenetics' new Mac program called Geneworks.
It's excellent for what you are doing.  Contact Judith Farkas at
1-800-876-9994 (oops, that may be a FAX number, I'm not sure) and she'll
send you a free demo copy.   I think you'll like it!  It has other
capabilities as well, such as comparing multiple sequences against each
other and it has a real nice graphical interface...Good luck.  Oh, don't
forget to mention that you were referred to her by me.

Karen Perot Shaff
Chiron Corp.
Virology Dept.
Emeryville, Ca. 94608