IUBio

MacTCP Tool version

Vernon Keenan vern at BioData.COM
Tue Aug 9 01:33:11 EST 1994

In article <323p0t$pca at steele.ohsu.edu>, rootd at ohsu.edu (Darrell Root) wrote:
> if you get the Internet starter kit, I'll bet it has
> an old version of macMosaic, and that you might want to pick up
> a more recent one (anonymous ftp from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu).
>
> Darrell Root
> rootd at ohsu.edu

Quite right, Darrell. In fact, Adam Engst maintains an FTP site at
ftp://ftp.tidbits.com/pub/tisk as a repository of updates to the software
distributed on the book disk, including a MacTCP 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 updater.

I'd only advise users to upgrade to NCSA Mosaic 2.0a6 for Macintosh if
they really need access to the NCBI genomic browsers ;-) Alpha software
can be a problem more most users. NCSA Mosaic v1.0.3 is OK (minus the
forms capability) and is extremely reliable for 90% of everyone's browing
needs.

Vern

| Vernon Keenan                 | BioData, Inc.                     |
| President                     | 1828 South Grant Street Suite 820 |
| Phone: +1 415-513-8950        | San Mateo, California 94402       |
| E-Mail: vern at BioData.COM      | WWW: http://www.biodata.com/      |