I post this second request for information about 2D->3D
image converting packages with more concrete details:
1. Group need to analyse microscopic molecular complexes
images (many variants are available which are contours
of one and the same complex with minor possible differences
in internal conformations from different random angles
2. Scheme of analysis supposed to be (first) multiple images
scanning, (second) images correction and re-editing (to
map object of interest inside each individual image),
(third) reconstruction of 3D shape of molecular complex
on the base of these images.
3. Group have got references to the packages SPIDER and
SUPRIM which allow to do similar things on SGI.
1. What is known about this packages features (common information
or concrete usage experience)?
2. Where and how to get/buy?
3. Recommendations for any other suitable packages?
4. Recommendations about scanners for such type of work
(images are gray scale electron microscopic photos,
framework particles size like 1A, resolution on the
molecular object of interest like 1-10A)?