IUBio

HEBREW CHARACTERS

frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 30 17:54:54 EST 1992

In article <9211301448.AA24287 at net.bio.net> WAGNERF at BRUNB.BITNET (Wagner Fontes) writes:

>        There is a software called LETRIX that does this job.
>
>        Sorry I have no references right now. I will try to find
>more info about it.
>
>Wagner Fontes
>Brazilian Center of Protein Sequencing
>Biochemistry / ProteinChemistry Lab.
>University of Brasilia - Brazil
>E-mail WAGNERF @ BRUNB
This probably won't help you but I'll mention it any way. WordPerfect for
SUN Unix workstations has a wealth of character sets, including Hebre 5.1 w,
Cyrillic, Hiragana & Katakana (is that Japanese?) and two pallates of
"Multinational characters". I don't know whether the Windows version
has these characters of not. The really neat thing is that if your printer
doesn't have these characters, they are printed using graphics.

The SUN (X-windows)  version of WordPerfect is  far superior to the Windows
implementation, and has to be seen to be believed. In spite of a few annoying
problems, it is yet another good reason for getting a SUN. Our price (with
University discount) was around $350 Canadian, for the single-user
configuration. While this is certainly more than the DOS version, in my
opinion the added convenience and versatility is well worth the price.
Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     |  Six days shall thou work,
University of Manitoba          |  and do all thou art able
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |  The seventh the same
frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca          |  and clean out the stable
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |
FAX:            204-261-5732    |