IUBio

Looking for *nix protein/gene software

David Fenyes,ms89,,7901935 dfenyes at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu
Mon Nov 9 17:00:06 EST 1992

Hello *,

I'm a grad student studying the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid precursor
protein at U.T Houston, and am looking for a suite of DOS or unix-based
protein/gene analysis tools, particularly one with the capability
to read the formats used my major gene/protein databases.

I'm aware of DOS-based suites such as PC-Gene (tm), but in general
the astronomical pricing and awkward usage makes these less than
ideal.

I'd be happy to post any information I receive.

Thanks for any info,

David
David Fenyes                                 dfenyes at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu
University of Texas Medical School           Houston, Texas