IUBio

Printing BIRCH USER'S GUIDE on Apple Laserwriters

frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jun 23 11:17:59 EST 1992

I have had several reports of printing errors from people trying to print
the PostScript version of the BIRCH USER'S GUIDE (birch.ps.Z),
using Apple Laserwriter printers.

The source of this error seems to stem from the fact that my copy of
WordPerfect defaults to duplex (double-sided) output for PostScript.
Consequently, Laserwriters did not recognize the setduplex commmand.

I have re-written the PostScript file for single-sided output, and it
has printed successfully on an Apple Laserwriter. Those wishing
to retrieve this version can get it by anonymous FTP in the pub/psgendb
directory at ccu.umanitoba.ca (130.179.16.8).

Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     | "Ya don't have to be a rocket surgeon
University of Manitoba          |  ta know who's who!"
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |
frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca          |
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |  - the incomparable Don Cherry
FAX:            204-261-5732    |