IUBio

Reference Managing Program

rybicki at uctvax.uct.ac.za rybicki at uctvax.uct.ac.za
Thu Jul 23 10:32:46 EST 1992

In article <1992Jul20.050024.20242 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk>, BIONET at EARN.FRCGM51 writes:
>         Has anyone heard of an apparently similar package called "Reference
> Manager" from RIS (Research Information Systems) ?

> J-L. Risler                             risler at frcgm51.bitnet

Yes yes yes....truly excellent!  Costs $500-odd, for PC or MAC, can import in a
huge variety of formats, full version will suck in from databases direct, can
pop up in MS-Word or other WP prg, can export in any journal format know (many
specified, you can easily enter others), can store 64 000 refs....  Very good
indeed, updates Archivist (from Oxford University Press) as a reference
archive, which I thought nothing ever would - although latter still the best
junk database around (random access, huge capacity, infinitely variable input
and output tho needs drivers written).

Ed Rybicki