IUBio

Reference managing software

REELEDER at ONRSDE.AGR.CA REELEDER at ONRSDE.AGR.CA
Thu Jul 30 12:04:00 EST 1992

>Subj:	RE: REFERENCE managing program needed

>While we're on the topic, does anyone know of any reference managing
>programs for Unix or Vaxes? All the ones I've seen are for Macs or
>PC's, but there must be *some*thing out there for workstations and
>the like?

The reference program PAPYRUS has both PC and VAX versions. I have been
using the PC verion for 3 years and find it works quite well. Import
formats are available for on-line databases and custom import formats
can be designed. I use it to store references downloaded from Current
Contents on Diskette. Its a relatively inexpensive program (about $90
a copy I think). A new version is supposedly in the works. Its available
from:

Research Design Software
2718 SW Kelly St. Suite 181
Portland OR