SIGNAL SCAN UPDATE
SIGNAL SCAN version 3.0 is now available. SIGNAL SCAN is a program that
utilizes Ghosh's Transcription Factor Database (TFD) to find potential TF
binding sites in DNA sequences. Improvements to this new version include:
* Updated signal database based on version 4.0 (or later) of Ghosh's TFD.
* A new feature to allow the user to update the SIGNAL SCAN database from
* A new journal reference lookup feature to find references for binding
* Scanning sequences is now 3 times faster.
* A user database of signals can be created, saved, and used.
* The UNIX version is now fully network compatible.
* PC version is now available by ftp (UNIX ver. is still available by
* Multiple organism classes of TF's can now be used to scan a sequence.
* Maximum number of signals and maximum sequence length have increased.
* Prokaryotic binding sites can now be scanned.
The new version is available only for IBM compatible and UNIX machines
(there are older MAC and VAX VMS versions also available). If you are
interested in obataining the program or further information, please contact
me. This program is free of charge.
Dan S. Prestridge
Dr. Dan S. Prestridge, Ph.D.
Dept. of Mol., Cell., and Dev. Biology
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0347
email: DANP at BEAGLE.COLORADO.EDU
tele: (303) 465-0658