LINKAGE c source request

Laura Lynn Walsh lwalsh at uxh.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 11 14:07:57 EST 1991

86b0062 at csdvax.csd.unsw.oz.au writes:

>I remember idly reading here that someone had translated the LINKAGE package
>from pascal to c.

>DECstation
>have no pascal compiler for it though. I would love to be able to give
>them a poineter to a c source supply.
>Sam Lander, Department Of Psychology, University of New South Wales.
>(try 86b0062 at csdvax.csd.unsw.oz.au or 90b1182 at csd3090.csd.unsw.oz.au)

I recently had a similar problem and was pointed to a program called
p2c (pascal to c translator).  I am sure that the opposite facility
is also covered (c to pascal).  I got the program at wuarchive.wustl.edu,
but it is available in many locations -- check archie.

The only problem I have had with the translator is that after the code
is translated and is then compiled, C tries to link in some pascal
functions which are not there -- specifically, subroutines dealing with
set functions.  If anyone can tell me what to do about this (short of
writing my own substitute functions, which is less than satisfactory,
since I am not sure exactly how Pascal implements them), I would
appreciate it.