IUBio

Date stamping software

John Kelley jckelley at loglady.ninds.nih.gov
Wed Jul 17 15:26:11 EST 1991

Being involved with a group doing molecular biology work that may
be patentable, we are very interested in maintaining valid
dates on certain data files.  This is due to our patent
attorny's worries about how easy it is to modify data files and
data file dates in UNIX.  I have heard of a software package
(maybe called "Date Stamp") which somehow maintains a
verifiable date on a UNIX file.

If anyone has any knowledge of such a package, could you please
respond (via email) with either a name of the package and its vendor and/or
details about its implementation.  I'll post a summary to the net.

--

John C. Kelley			jckelley at loglady.ninds.nih.gov
CSL, DCRT			(301) 402-0609
Nat'l Inst. of Health
Bldg 12-A, Rm 2037		"Though his mind is not for rent,
9000 Rockville Pike    		  Don't put him down as arrogant..."
Bethesda, MD 20892			Dubois/Peart _Tom Sawyer_

--