3700/3100 Running buffer - Retraction

Hall, L.S. lsh11 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 27 07:28:14 EST 2003

Further to my posting on 7 February 2003 headed "3700/3100 Running Buffers", I wish to take this opportunity to clarify the situation to all those who read that posting and unreservedly to withdraw the allegation made.  The statement that "rumours abound that the web buffer might erode the capillaries", was inaccurate and had no proven basis in fact.

"It has been brought to my attention that a number of scientific groups regularly use the Web Scientific Ltd buffer and that there is no evidence to suggest that the product impacts on the quality of sequencing capillaries. Therefore I retract my expressed view that I have "ruled out the source in perpetuity".

Laurence Hall
Clinical Sciences
Cardiology division
University of Leicester