Cuvette temp on 3700

Julie McCollum julie at sorggenome.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 17 16:17:11 EST 2003

Howdy!

We are running Multi-color Fingerprinting (sort of like SNaPshot - uses
the same reagents) on our 3700 and we're seeing a signal variation
across the capillaries.  The SNaPshot protocol manual tells me to
adjust the run temp and voltage to counteract this problem.  I did
that, and it helped a little, but we're still seeing a large variation.
 The book also says that this could be caused by the cuvette temp not
being optimized, and to test cuvette temp in increments of 5 deg C
(from 35 - 50) to find the best temp.  Does anyone know how to do this?
  I looked in the 3700 manual, and it says "We recommend that you not
change this value unless advised otherwise by PE Biosystems Support
personnel, but doesn't tell me how to do it. I tried to call ABI, but
they're off today for President's Day.

I know how to change stuff in modules, but can't for the life of me
figure out how to change the cuvette temp.  Any suggestions (other than
wait 'til tomorrow)?

Thanks!

Julie

--