Sequencing close to the primer

David F.Bishop david.bishop at mssm.edu
Thu Feb 1 09:51:02 EST 2001

I agree, if one uses a spin column to remove dye terminators, one can
read accurately from the first nucleotide.  If you use short spin
columns, as in 96-well plates, you may have to do some optimization
or evaluation of vendors to find the conditions and manufacturer that
gives consistently clean results.

-David Bishop

David F. Bishop, Ph.D.              | EMail: david.bishop at mssm.edu
Professor of Human Genetics         | Phone: (212) 659-6795
Dept. of Human Genetics, Box 1498   | FAX:   (212) 849-2508
Mount Sinai School of Medicine      |
1425 Madison Avenue, NY, NY 10029   | www.mssm.edu/genetics/home-page.html

---