Alignment Software

Anders Gorm Pedersen gorm at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Sep 26 02:49:56 EST 2000

"Sharon R. Minnerath" wrote:

> [...]
> Do I need to go to a Unix Platform?  I would have access to a UNIX
> system (Phap/Phred) for about $500.00 per year.
>
> Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in
> advance.

Although I hate to admit it, I've found Seqman from the DNAstar
lasergene package to be very useful for this type of analysis. It's
available for Windows and Mac:

http://www.dnastar.com/

Unfortunately it's extraordinarily expensive.......

PHRED/PHRAP are very good programs used by many large-scale sequencing
centers. They are also available for Windows and Mac (in addition to
Linux/Unix):

http://www.phrap.com/

I don't know what they cost but I suspect they're also kind of
pricey....

Best regards,
Anders

 Anders Gorm Pedersen, cand.scient., Ph.D.  (gorm at cbs.dtu.dk)