Sequencing Algorithms & Accelerators

EKC NOSPAMalpha3.1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 22 19:50:59 EST 2000

    I am not a geneticist, but rather a computer scientist. I am currently
looking at developing a hardware accelerator based on
field-programmable-gate-arrays for accelerating sequencing algorithms, such
as BLAST (for starters).
    I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some links to web-pages
or published material which would provide a introduction to DNA sequencing
and Bioinformatics. I can handle a lot of math, I'm just not very well
versed in genetics.

Thank you,

EKC

---