Tim Moran Moran at wadsworth.org
Tue Jul 11 08:31:51 EST 2000

Hi,
We make our own loading dye based on the PE formula...as you probably know, it
is blue.  The composition is 25 mM EDTA, pH 8.0, containing 50mg/ml Blue
Dextran 2000.  I hope this is helpful.  Of course, if it is pink you
need..keep looking.
Tim Moran
NYS Dept of Health
Molecular Genetics Core
moran at wadsworth.org.

In article <8k80fu$bcs$1 at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>, sadams at northnet.org says...

>Greetings
>
> For a while I was using Amersham kits for DNA sequencing and they include
>a nice gel loading buffer with a pink dye in it.  I eventually swiched back
>to PE Taq FS - but kept using the   Amersham loading dye.  Now we are out
>of dye and  of course it only comes in the  Amersham sequencing kit.  Does
>any one know what dye it might be - or any other dye I can spike into my
>loaded  samples without dye.
>
>Thanks
>
>Scottie
>
>Scottie Adams aka Pamela Scott Adams