Which sequencer for genotyping

Andrew Louka andrew.louka at biotek.uio.no
Mon Dec 4 05:54:10 EST 2000

Thanks to everyone who has sent me suggestions about which sequencer
to buy.  I'm not actually looking to buy a new sequencer, but thanks
all the same!

I am actually just curious about personal preferences - and the
"feeling" in todays labs.  I was typing on an ABI377XL, and just
wondered why I don't use the Beckman CEQ2000, or Transgenomic WAVE on
the same bench.  They are all capable of microsatellite analysis and
at greater speed.  I feel comfortable with the ABI for many reasons,
but I am left wondering: if you have several sequencers to choose
from, which one do _you_ choose -- and which sequencer (if any) do you
dream about using - if money is the limiting factor to your accessing
your dream-machine.

Andrew