Any Genotypers out there?

Paul Rasmussen paul at ib3.gmu.edu
Wed May 5 17:07:21 EST 1999

I really don't profess to be any sort of genotyping expert, but I know some
polymerases, if RXN conditions aren't exactly right tend to throw an A onto the
end of PCR products if there isn't already one.  It's my understanding in fact
that some groups tend to optimize thier RXNs so the only n+1 product appears,
thus giving consistant single peaked results.  Again, I'm not the world's
expert, but play with the idea.  Good luck and let me know what you figure out
if you have time.
Paul

--
Paul Rasmussen
Research Associate

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all
those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey, pop singer